Wednesday, February 28, 2007

R.I.P. Alan Quartermaine



After almost thirty years playing Dr. Alan Quartermaine on General Hospital, Stuart Damon played his final scene on my long time (guilty pleasure) soap. I personally think it stinks that they killed off this veteran actor. There are several characters who I would have preferred to see whacked off such as Georgie Jones. To make matters worse for me, I DVR the show since I work. I was a few days behind and trying to catch up this morning. I watched Friday's episode (Fridays are always cliffhangers in soap land) where Alan took a gasping breath and began suffering another coronary. Then I deleted the episode to move on to the next one. Unfortunately, I deleted Monday's episode instead. So, I missed the whole thing! I have been sucked in to this storyline for the past several weeks, and whammo, I missed payday. I watched Tuesday's hourlong weeping ceremony, weeping by both GH characters and myself, but it just isn't fair that in a moment of haste I let Alan down. I hope it was your swan song Dr. Q!

No comments: