Thursday, January 3, 2008

Resolutions

2008 has arrived and with it sub zero temperatures here in Boston. It was a mere 9 degrees when I drove in to work today and with the windchill it must have been -55. I feel really bad for all of you who have to actually be outside during your commutes. I go from garage to garage so I am a bit spoiled!

As for those pesky New Year's Resolutions? I resolved to not have any cocktails unless it was a special occasion/vacation. That one hit the fan when the Doc arrived home on New Years Day night with a bottle of Russian Vodka that had arrived from Moscow a mere 12 hours before. One of his patients who delivered on New Year's Day had it hand delivered to him by her mom who just arrived here for the birth of the first grandchild. After a batch or two of Lemon Drop Martinis, I said "Das Vidanya" to that resolution!

I also want to try to have a bit more organization in 2008. Life moves at quite a fast pace and if I could be better organized I think I can be a better person. That includes being a better Blogger as well. With the Holidays behind us (and all those cookies and desserts on our behinds) I am ready to face that challenge. First thing on the organization to do list: Take the Christmas Tree down and put everything away in those festive green and red totes I purchased at Linens N Things. It will be much nicer next December to know where everything is and have a few less broken ornaments!

What about you all? Anything to stride towards in 2008?

5 comments:

lisagh said...

As long as "yahoo, it's past noon" is considered a "special occasion", I'm all for your cocktail resolution!

Happy New Year, DMM!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

It's mighty chilly in Chi-town too! Burrr!

Good luck with the resolutions. :)

Tammy B said...

It was 15 degrees at 7:00 this morning way down here in Alabama. I'm still working on the same 15 pounds that I work on every year and to try to be more "cool".

k e r r y said...

This is the first year in many that I have a new year's resolution and I am afraid it is not very unique... I just want to be healthy.

Kimba said...

I'm on board with Lisagh's comment!

Happy New Year!