Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Quit!

No, not writing on this blog. I would not want to disappoint the two of you who read this! I am all done watching General Hospital. The story lines are just too boring. I started watching way back in 1981 when Luke, Laura and Robert saved the world from Mikkos Cassadine and his climate machine. Those were the days. Lately, I have been fast forwarding (I DVR the show every day) through almost every scene. It is hard to let go of an old friend but I think it is time. There are some great actors on the show but even they must be frustrated by their current storylines. With the way this economy is going, I would not be surprised to see the end of daytime television!

5 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I have watched this show on and off from the time that Luke and Laura got married too. I am currently in the mode that I am not watching it.

I agree with you though regarding Daytime TV. I think that they are going to be a casualty of the the economic situation.

Mrs. Fabulous said...

Well, I for one, am glad you are quitting GH and NOT your blog!!

:>)

Cindy said...

That's when I started watching it too. And remember Bobby Spencer?? I haven't watch regularly for years, but every once in a while I turn it on if I'm home sick and cannot believe nearly the same old people are doing nearly the same old things. Still. It's also amazing how bad the acting looks. You sort of stop noticing when you watch all the time, I think.

Lori said...

I quit a looooong time ago....like back in the 80's (or was it the 70's?) after the whole Luke & Laura thing! lol

The Chic Chauffeur said...

I was in college when Luke and Laura got married. The world stood till at Benedictine College until they said their vows! Then I had a bit of a resurgence of interest when Sonny was fooling around with what's her name (before Carly... Brenda???) But ever since then, ho hum -I am just like you. There's more real life drama on Jon and Kate plus 8 (although it is also on my *no watch* list right now)