Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cinco de NoNo

So yesterday was Cinco de Mayo. We decided to go to a great local Mexican restaurant named La Paloma. Well, we weren't the only geniuses who decided to celebrate with a margarita and a fajita. When we arrived at 6:30, the nice gentleman in the suspenders told us it was a 35 minute wait. Not too bad, just enough time for me to take Madigan over to Wendy's (another fine Mexican establishment) which is right next door for her dinner. We came back and marveled at the crowds gathering for a fiesta. Poor souls, I thought, you'll be waiting until midnight for a table, now please excuse me while I get seated. What's that? We are next? Great because I am really getting hungry and I can see that The Doc is looking pretty irritable right now. Oh, another few minutes? Well, now your starting to push it because we've been waiting for an HOUR and my five year old has a bedtime to get home to. Now The Doc is done waiting and we are leaving. Don't keep calling our names as we walk down the sidewalk. Too little, too late. I'll just go home and make a spinach and gruyere cheese omelette.

The worst part of the "wasted night" as my husband called it was that he realized that he lost his wallet. Thankfully, my Mom and Sister decided to wait for the table so they brought the wallet home safe and sound!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

tommie said...

Eeeks, I hate it when that happens. Hence, the reason we eat with the old-folk crowd. With a 3 and 4 year old, we usually get there around 5!

BTW, is that dress from Gap? We have it in the little girl size.

dmmlandcruiser said...

The dress is from the liquidation sale at Talbot Kids. Everything is 30% off in the store and I had a 20% additional coupon!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Love that dress!

linda said...

Love that dress!!!!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

LOVING the dress!